19 Uses for Castile Soap
Castile soap is an eco-friendly soap made from plant-derived oils. It is gaining use over tallow-based cleaners and chemical cleaners because it is non-toxic, biodegradable, and cruelty-free. It is everything it is touted to be and more! Here is a list of just some of the ways to use castile soap:
1. Bath Soak: add 2 Tbsp and a few drops of a calming essential oils to running water
2. Dish soap: Use the recipe included in your summer crate
3. Body wash: Add a little drop to your sponge and watch it lather!
4. Shaving Cream: Use a few drops with warm water before shaving
5. Makeup Remover: Add equal amounts of castile soap, witch hazel, and jojoba oil to a dropper. Add a few drops to a cotton pad to remove makeup
6. Makeup Brush Cleaner: Rub the ends of your brushes into a few drops of castile soap, in a circular motion. Rinse and allow to dry, keeping bristles downward
7. Children’s shampoo: Use a few drops at the scalp and work through the hair
8. Wipe Solution: Mix 1 cup water, 1 Tbsp castile soap, 1 Tbsp coconut oil, and 2 drops tea tree essential oil. Spray or soak reusable wipes in the solution for diaper changes or messy faces
9. Bathroom Cleaner: A few drops in the toilet or sink, and scrub away!
10. Wash fruits & veggies: Add a few drops to a sink full of water and 1 Tbsp baking soda, and soak before rinsing
11. Hand Soap: 1 part castile soap to 4 parts water, and put in a foaming soap dispenser
12. Mopping Solution: Add 1 Tbsp castile soap in 1 gallon of hot water, and use to mop
13. All-purpose cleaner: Mix 1 Tbsp baking soda, 1 tsp castile soap, 6 drops tea tree oil, and 2 cups water in a spray bottle. Shake to mix before using
14. Ant Killer: Spray ants with a mixture of 2 cups water, ¼ castile soap, and 10 drops peppermint EO
15. Outdoor Scrub: Clean garden tools, pots, and outdoor furniture with a sudsy mixture of 1 Tbsp castile soap for every gallon of water. Rinse well
16. Garden Spray: Mix 1 Tbsp castile soap and ½ tsp cayenne pepper in a spray bottle. Fill with water and shake to mix. Use for pests and molds
17. Laundry Pre-Treatment: Clean stains by working a few drops of castile soap and water into the affected area. Do not rinse, and complete by machine washing
18. Dog Shampoo: Use a few drops with water, and lather!
19. Travel Companion: One little bottle can do everything, while away from home (dishes, bathing, laundry, etc)